Great Northern Food Hall
HPI was engaged to help Danish Food entrepreneur Claus Meyer successfully launch his Nordic cuisine in New York City with a complex that included The Great Northern Food Hall in Grand Central’s historic Vanderbilt Hall, on the street level, just off the Terminal’s Grand Hall.
HPI was asked to devise a market-resonant and engaging concept that delivers a viable business model, AND encompasses the desires of both the creative and financial partners of the venture. Additionally, HPI managed the design development process within a landmarked, highly challenging space of New York’s Grand Central Terminal – including all coordination with the MTA as governing entity.
HPI delivered the project into construction with the schedule and budget intact with full approvals from the MTA, landmarks and all other relevant parties.
- Due diligence + feasibility studies
- Master planning + space programming
- Brand differentiation + articulation
- Market studies + competitive analysis
- Design + experience guidance
- Operational functionality + facility design advisory
- Start-up strategy + pre-opening planning
- Business modeling + plan reviews
- Financial projections + budget pro forma
- Investment scenarios + deal structures
- Lease + Deal negotiations