Danish food entrepreneur Claus Meyer engaged HPI to assist in the successful launch his Nordic cuisine in New York City—in Grand Central Terminal no less—with a food complex that includes Agern Restaurant.
HPI devised a feasible business model for the challenging space in Grand Central Terminal, supporting lease negotiations with the MTA and creating a masterplan for the space. We assembled and guided design and technical teams through developing an experience that could carry the business model and budgetary requirements, express Meyer’s ideas, and provide operational functionality—all while aligning the interests of the operations + financial partners as well as the MTA.
HPI delivered the project into construction under a very tight schedule with budget intact and full approvals from the MTA, state landmarks commission and all other relevant parties.
- Due diligence + feasibility studies
- Master planning + space programming
- Brand differentiation + articulation
- Market studies + competitive analysis
- Design + experience guidance
- Operational functionality + facility design advisory
- Start-up strategy + pre-opening planning
- Business modeling + plan reviews
- Financial projections + budget pro forma
- Investment scenarios + deal structures
- Lease + Deal negotiations